Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to school savings... A little early!

I stopped at only one yard sale over the weekend. I happened to drive by the large sign at the end of the street while I was out doing other errands. I was glad I took the detour!

My 14-year-old son is a fast-growing teen. Turns out, lucky for him that I decided to stop at that yard sale because it had a lot of clothing in his size, also appropriate for his age.

In fact, of the nine pieces I picked up, four were brand new with tags! A pair of denim jeans, a Nike muscle jersey, a navy blue Husky tee, and a plaid flannel button front shirt from Cuffy's on the Cape (still in the package) were the best of the lot -- and never worn! Other items included wind pants and various other t-shirts. Well worth $6 for the lot, don't you think?

The cost was of no concern to my son. He was thrilled with the clothes... And I was too!

No comments: