Monday, December 17, 2007

Shipping like crazy for Christmas... and buying too!

In light of my harrowing drive home in a winter storm on Thursday, I really needed my well-deserved vacation days which extended my weekend. It gave us time to celebrate my husband Jeff’s birthday and (hopefully) catch up on my eBay shipping also. I had over 25 orders to fill, and with Christmas coming right at us at lightening speed, I’ve been scurrying to keep up!

There were also two auctions over the weekend that Jeff auctioneered — a Christmas Auction on Friday and a general merchandise auction on Saturday. Since we were expecting another storm overnight Saturday to Sunday, attendance was down a bit for Saturday’s auction. I was the highest bidder for a few unusual lots of vintage items which I’ll be posting on eBay soon. Included were a few old interlocking puzzles, several pieces of white enamel kitchenware, and a medical accessories kit in stainless steel.

However, my most exciting deal of the week was one that was offered last week as well — a dealer brought in a lot of quality jewelry items, mostly Monet and Liz Claiborne. The pieces were boxed, with tagged prices ranging from $18 to $35 each. The jewelry was mostly bracelets and earrings, with some necklaces and even a few bejeweled compact mirrors. Pretty fancy! These were available at the auction for $3 each or four for $10. I did the 'four for $10 deal' a few times over! It was an even spilt with half for myself, some set aside for Christmas gifts, and the rest going up on eBay. It’s just too irresistible to pass up a bargain like this!

Here are a few pictures of some jewelry I’ll post on eBay.



And what else have I been buying lately?


Little girl dresses!

My daughter Katie, at 3 years old, is 100% girl! With all the cold weather we’ve been having, I’ve been having a hard time getting Katie to wear pants. She’ll tell me that only a Prince wears pants, and she’s a Princess. She wants to wear a dress every day! But she didn’t own many dresses... Especially those casual enough to wear on an daily basis. I searched on eBay and won a couple of dress lot auctions that included those pictured above.

My bidding limit is $10 on dress lots, so I think I made out with a few fantastic deals here! I love when the packages arrive and inside is something for Katie – She gets VERY excited! That, of course, makes buying at auction all the more fun.

No comments: