Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday blurbs... reflections and updates

-- Well, over the weekend, my husband and I decided to make a stop at the church tag sale in Abington. We were disappointed in that the ladies were already packing up at 11:45 AM when the sale was scheduled to run until noon.

-- Great news for my oldest son, Jeff! At 21, he'll be moving out on his own, along with his lovely companion, Elise. I'm thrilled for both of them, as they're fantastic together!

Jeff & Elise

Just starting out is incredibly exciting, but also stressful, as rents and household expenses are sky-high these days. Needing everything from silverware to curtains to a table to eat upon, now they are searching through Craigslist and newspaper classifieds looking for all-you-can-imagine to make a house a home. You can bet I'll be on watch for them at auctions and estate sales.

I can hardly wait to see their new place!

-- An update on the eBay auction featuring my "odd fellow" wrench-holding construction worker alarm clock... We have a bid!

-- This week marks the first of a new weekly feature for 'The Auctioneer's Wife' blog. I'll be profiling a local eBay seller, showing off what they sell and sharing their stories about how they got started selling online and why they love what they do! Check back soon, as I have some very interesting people lined up.

No comments: