Thursday, September 4, 2008

Attention toy collectors: Info needed for vintage Matchbox doctor and nurse pair


MATCHBOX PEOPLE

Lesney Products & Co. • 1978

Here is a pair of diecast Matchbox figures -- looks like a doctor and a nurse. Each stands three inches tall and has large feet with metal ball bearings (rollers) underneath. On both, the left thumb is pointing upwards... or maybe they're holding something no longer with them? Marked on the bottom, with the words, "MATCHBOX and Lesney Products & Co 1978... pat app 15147/78".

I just posted this cute Matchbox / Lesney doctor and nurse pair on eBay for a friend. What's unusual is that I've been unable to locate another pair like them online anywhere! That leaves me with no clue for a starting price. I'm guessing they may be part of a larger toy set.

If anyone reading this has information to offer, it would be greatly appreciated! Email me at karen@avenuestosold.com.

...


No comments: