Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Putnam Flea Market off to quiet start


On Sunday I decided to check out Putnam’s new flea market. There was a steady stream of traffic going in and out despite the impending rain. The setting is gorgeous! Dealers were set up in a lot with shady trees and the water just beyond that. On the other side is an old mill.

There weren’t a lot of dealers though... Maybe a dozen or so. However, their displays included an interesting assortment of unusual items, a pretty eclectic mix of merchandise -- mostly antiques. Nicely done. I just wish there was more of it!

My stop was brief for another reason as well. My 4-year-old daughter spotted a vintage toy that I was not going to buy for her amusement, and she put up a fuss... That always means time to go.

Shortly afterwards, the sky opened and rain poured! I hope everyone was able to pack up quickly enough.

http://www.putnamfleamarket.com

No comments: