Friday, June 27, 2008

Seller’s Story : Why we’re quitting eBay

"It is with much regret we are leaving the site. It has been a decision made over a period of time but when we did some number crunching again this month it became much easier to bring down the final hammer. With the lower turnover we were now doing it means the that the latest changes to feedback have put our business at the mercy of what could be a few vindictive buyers or competitors. We are not prepared to keep going any longer under these conditions."

read more | digg story

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely! I used to rely so much on sales at Ebay but I have slowly turned away from selling. I do however still buy but no selling like I used to. I had more than 750 feedback ratings and that account was wrongfully suspended for shill bidding. I was not shill bidding however there was a claim and I was suspended for a year. I have since set up a new account and all but I have lost interest in selling many items I have done in the past. I would get monthly bills of more than $150. The negative part was that I bought so much that my profits disppeared with new purchases so I was working hard just to support my addiction of bidding. Now that I do not sell as much I also do not bid and buy as much so life is good. Ebays fees have risen so much in the past 5 years and continue to skyrocket so that your fees and plus PAYPALs fees (also owned by Ebay) take away about 10% of EVERY sale. Not to tempting anymore.


Al Mayo