Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday is half price day at Salvation Army Thrift Store in Brooklyn



I discovered this morning that I’m not the only one who knows the secret. It was a super-busy place this morning over at The Salvation Army Store in Brooklyn, CT. With two check-out lines going at once, it’s evident that more and more people are on the lookout for alternative ways to save money these days.

Every day features a discount on items with certain color tags, but on Wednesday, most everything (with few exceptions) is half price at this store location for their Family Day special.

These were the early-birds shopping during my visit today, and some of them were a little pushy... While I was surprised at the number of people sharing aisle space, I was also somewhat dismayed at the rudeness of a few. I guess people can get anxious when the prices are cut in half and every item is one-of-a-kind.

I scored at the checkout with 15 items that came to a grand total of $25!! Some of the brand names of clothing I purchased include: Abercrombie, Lands End, The Children’s Place and Disney. The average price per item: $1.66

Not too bad!

...

No comments: